“Champagne! In victory one deserves it, in defeat one needs it” - Napoleon
Will's Wargame Blog
Given a choice of LMGs I selected the Chauchat as the section LMG so I could use the more suitable Lewis with other RCW figures
The tilts were the old Airfix ones cut and extended to fit the PSC model then covered with tissue.
The whole force
I've started on the infantry, but they are going to take a bit more effort.
The entire army as originally based can be seen here SYW Prussian Army
Looking at my plan for the year
The major project is Tricorne rebasing, covering all my Seven Years War and American War of Independence armies, this is ambitious - around 2,000 figures, but hopefully it should just be "cosmetic" as I won't be physically changing the units or bases.- I've just started on the Prussians
Painting/Modelling - moderate sized projects
- Napoleonics - carried over from 2017. I've got quite a pile of figures (mainly cavalry) available to replace/upgrade some of my oldest units. Plus Spanish infantry, Polish infantry, French artillery and Russian Guard artillery - not started
- Egypt 1800 - adding more French, British and Ottoman troops to my existing armies, probably by doubling up the existing units. - Not started
- WW2 Ardennes - finishing off various bits- well underway
- WW2 North Africa - expanding my US forces to cover North Africa by adding Stuarts, Lees and any other new units that the new Battlegroup book might require.- Stuarts and Lees added, haven't bought the book yet
- WW2 eastern front - extending my winter Russians for late war winter warfare, mainly by adding tanks.- all done
- Some desert sand-dunes/wadi sides - carried over from 2017- not started
- Various houses to add to my Eighteenth Century town, including a model of my daughter's house - carried over from 2017- not started
- Need to create those Renaissance galleys - carried over from 2017 - any useful ideas welcomed- not started but I have an idea
- Adding some Highland regiments to my SYW British, also for use against the Jacobites!- not started
- Plus a number of bits to fill in odd gaps in existing armies- not started
- Continue to support the Lance & Longbow Society games at various shows- We passed on Vapnartak this year
- Nothing decided yet for the SOTCW game at Gauntlet- still undecided
- We plan to hold a big Battlegroup event in May, so I may be a major contributor to the terrain and troops needed - - This event now underway and it's a big Market Garden game with up to 15 tables
- I need to organise one or two large games, one SYW and another to be decided, hopefully my rebasing will be an incentive.- not started
- Again try to get to Crisis in Antwerp- not organised yet
Otherwise I'll be finishing off the items from last month (below) and making a start on rebasing my SYW Prussian Army.
- WW1 Serbs
- WW1 Arab Revolt
- 3 PSC M9 half tracks for the Ardennes, the tilts are built so they only need painting
The Tufecki are mainly the less uniformed figures from the Mars set plus a few extras to make up the numbers. I think they have a nice Balkan irregular appearance
The Eyalets are the musket armed figures from the Redbox set, quite a bit of flash on some of these.
Adding squadron markings turned into a saga. The first set were old and very fragile, once in place The poor alignment meant I had to touch them up and they still didn't look right. So I them bought some new ones from I-94. These turned out to be almost transparent and I'm still waiting to hear their response. So finally I hand painted them.
As a reminder here is the work in progress picture with the green stuff press moulded parts